Wortley de Leeds St John the Evangelist SE 271324
Return to Armley Deanery
The church was originally built 1787 but due to some difficulties regarding the patronage was not consecrated until 1813. The present building dates from 1898 by W Swinden Barber. The intended west tower was never built and the rendered west wall and bell-cote date from 1956-7.
A single bell hung for stationary chiming. This bell was originally cast for Kuwait hence the inclusion of the country of manufacture in the inscription.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1957||2-2-12||24.475"||E flat|
JOHN TAYLOR & Co * FOUNDERS * LOUGHBOROUGH * ENG. * 1957 *
Frame and Fittings
Hung from a bar headstock with trigger action internal lever clapper.