winksley St Cuthbert and St Oswald  SE 252713

Back to Ripon Deanery

History

Built in 1917[sic] by Connon & Chorley with large west tower.

Bells

Four bells hung for full circle ringing.

Bell Founder Date Cwt-Qtr-Lb Diameter Note
1 John Taylor of Loughborough 1915 5-3-2 31.125" B
2 John Taylor of Loughborough 1915 6-2-22 32.875" A sharp
3 John Taylor of Loughborough 1915 9-1-16 37" G sharp
4 John Taylor of Loughborough 1915 13-1-22 41.75" F sharp

Inscriptions

Bells 1 to 3 have a band of vine ornament and Taylor shield.  The tenor has a larger ornament with rectangular vine leaves and a larger Taylor shield with the date 1915.

Frame and Fittings

Hung in a low side cast-iron frame with modern fittings all dating from the installation in 1915.  The four bells hang in a straight line across the middle of the tower all swinging east-west.  They have plain bearings and Hastings stays.  Each bell has an Ellacombe hammer.

Sources

ARA October 2005