thornthwaite St Saviour SE 173592
Back to Ripon Deanery
According to Pevsner this church was built in 1810 yet the bell cote is clearly dated 1865. Also there exists a confusion between this church which is dedicated to St Saviour and a previous church dedicated to St Osyth.
One bell hung for swing chiming in a west bell-cote.
THORNTHWAITE (St. Osythe).
One small bell, without mark or inscription, but apparently cast in this century-possibly in 1810, when the church was rebuilt.
Frame and Fittings
Metal bar headstock with unusual wishbone chiming lever and almost cylindrical clapper.
ARA May 2004