harrogate St Mark SE 294556
Return to Harrogate Deanery
Begun in 1898 and consecrated in 1905 this large church with aisles and transepts was built to the design of J Oldrid Scott - the proposed west tower was never built and it was not until 1959 that the west wall was completed. The bell may have previously done duty in the temporary church that preceded the present building.
A single small bell hung for swing chiming at the north east end of the nave.
Frame and Fittings
Metal bar headstock and steel wheel all mounted in a wooden cage.
ARA visited February 2003
Yorkshire The West Riding - Nikolas Pevsner and Enid Ratcliffe [2nd edition]