seacroft St James SE 356359
Back to Deanery of Whitkirk
A nineteenth century church.
A peal of five bells hung for full circle ringing. There was formerly a peal of three bells hung for full-circle ringing.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1985||2-1-2||21"||A|
|2||John Taylor of Loughborough||1985||2-0-18||22"||G|
|3||John Taylor of Loughborough||1985||2-1-20||23"||F sharp|
|4||John Taylor of Loughborough||1985||3-0-14||24.75"||E|
|5||John Taylor of Loughborough||1985||3-3-6||27"||D|
Bells 2 to 5 are inscribed on the shoulders "MADE IN ENGLAND" twice as a single stamp. Also on the shoulders are various reference numbers. All bells have a deeply impressed Taylor shields on the waist and in addition the tenor has "1984"
Frame and Fittings
Hung in a steel frame for six with cast-iron headstocks RHP ball bearings and pendulum sliders with spring steel stays. The second hangs above the third in a rider frame.
A rare two train clock by Charles Brown of Selby dated 1845. A single dial to the north. The striking train is currently disused.
ARA February 2007