rothwell Holy Trinity SE 343283
Back to Deanery of Whitkirk
Large perpendicular church extensively restored in 1873 by C R Chorley.
A peal of eight bells hung for full circle ringing recast from a former peal of eight.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||4-0-7||26"||F sharp|
|2||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||4-1-27||27.0625"||E sharp|
|3||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||4-3-14||28.5"||D sharp|
|4||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||5-2-20||30.375"||C sharp|
|5||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||7-0-6||33.25"||B|
|6||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||8-0-20||35"||A sharp|
|7||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||10-2-13||38.625"||G sharp|
|8||John Taylor of Loughborough||1951||15-0-21||43.375"||F sharp|
Frame and Fittings
Cast-iron low side frame and Taylor fittings from the 1951 recast.
ROTHWELL (Holy Trinity), Eight bells.
In 1837 six bells were procured from Mr. John Taylor, of Oxford. After a few months' use the tenor was cracked, and in 1838 it was recast and the trebles added. The tenor now bears the inscription-
TO SPEAK WITH MELLOW TONE AND NEVER SWEAR
JOHN TAYLOR TAUGHT US WITH A FATHERS CARE
TONGUES SCREWS AND CLAPPERS KEEP WELL IN PLACE
THEN FOR AN AGE SOUND WELL IN GRACE
The weights of the bells are
Cwt. qrs. lbs. Cwt. qrs. lbs.
(1) 5 3 6 (5) 6 3 7
(2) 6 0 27 (6) 7 - 7
(3) 6 0 8 (7) 9 1 18
(4) 6 1 5 (8) 13 2 7
61 3 1
List of sources/date of visit