potternewton St Martin SE 308363
Return to Allerton Deanery
A C19 church with unfinished large west tower.
A single bell hung for full-circle ringing - a new ringing rope was fitted in September 2011 and the bell rung full-circle for the first time in many years. It has, however, been in regular use for swing chiming.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1897||11-1-17||39.5"||A flat|
InscriptionsST MARTIN'S 1897 // [Taylor badge]
Frame and Fittings
The bell hangs between two parallel wooden beams with diagonal bracing. Cast-iron headstock, hastings stay, plain bearings.
ARA 2009 and 2011