Meanwood Holy Trinity SE 286374
Return to Headingley Deanery
History Built in 1849 by W Railton. Given by two daughters of Sir John Beckett, Mary and Elizabeth Beckett, of Meanwood Park, to the memory of their deceased brother Christopher Beckett.
A peal of five bells hung for full circle ringing. It is assumed that there were three bells cast in 1849 - bells 3 and 4 of the current peal and that the smallest bell was recast to a note one semitone lower when the bells were made into five.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1885||6-1-12||31.25"||B|
|2||John Taylor of Loughborough||1885||8-0-14||34.5"||A|
|3||John Taylor of Loughborough||1849||7-2-6||36.25"||G sharp|
|4||John Taylor of Loughborough||1849||10-2-16||40.5"||F sharp|
|5||John Taylor of Loughborough||1885||16-3-5||45.75"||E|
Inscriptions1. J : TAYLOR AND Co FOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH 1885.
2. J : TAYLOR AND Co FOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH 1885.3. JOHN TAYLOR BELLFOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH : A.D. 1849.
4. JOHN TAYLOR BELLFOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH : A.D. 1849.// [banner with inscription]5. J : TAYLOR AND Co BELLFOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH 1885.
Frame and Fittings
Hung in two separate frames. Bells 1 to 3 occupy a low-side wooden frame which held the three original bells and the two tenors hang in cast-iron A frames mounted on wooden beams. All the bells have wooden headstocks and ball-bearings with traditional stays and sliders.
A two-train clock by Dent of London.
ARA June 2002
R V Taylor - Leeds Churches