LEEDS St Matthew
Camp Road, Little London, LEEDS
Return to Lost Churches
History & Bells
"The church, in Camp road, erected in 1850-1 at a cost of about £3,000, is a building of stone in the Decorated style, from designs by Mr. C. W. BURLEIGH, architect, of Leeds, and consists of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, aisles, wide transepts, two chapels, and a tower on the south side, with broach spire added in 1854 and reaching a height of 145 feet; the tower contains 2 bells, and its lower stage forms a porch."
1893 Kelly's Directory of Leeds, Sheffield and Rotherham - description of church.