leeds St Peter (Leeds Parish Church)  SE 306333

Return to Allerton Deanery

History

Built in 1840 by R D Chantrell to replace the medieval church.

Bells

A peal of twelve bells with additional semitone hung for full circle ringing.  In the ringing chamber is a small disused bell which used to hang in the NE turret (see picture above) and may be coeval with the old peal of twelve.

Bell Founder Date Cwt-Qtr-Lb Diameter Note
1 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

5-3-6

27.5

G

2 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

6-0-22

28.8125

F

3 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

6-0-26

29.3125

E

4 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

6-3-11

31.125

D

5 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

7-0-2

32.4375

C

6 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

7-2-8

33.5

B

6b John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

8-3-11

35.4375

Bb

7 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

10-2-0

37.3125

A

8 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

13-2-13

41

G

9 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

17-0-4

45.0625

F

10 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

20-2-10

47.875

E

11 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

28-1-7

53.5

D

12 John Taylor of Loughborough 1932

40-1-27

60.5

C

d ?? Mears ?1840 c16"

Inscriptions

List of

Frame and Fittings

Hung in a cast-iron H frame with fittings dating from the 1932 recast.

Sources

List of sources/date of visit