Kippax St Mary SE 416303
Back to Deanery of Whitkirk
The top stage of the tower is Perpendicular but much of the rest of the church is Norman with many examples of herringbone masonry.
There were three bells here all by William Oldfield of York dating from 1636 and 1638. The second bell was retained and the others recast and augmented to six as a Second World War memorial.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1946||4-0-15||27"||D sharp|
|2||John Taylor of Loughborough||1946||4-2-6||28.5625"||C sharp|
|3||John Taylor of Loughborough||1946||5-2-17||31"||B|
|4||John Taylor of Loughborough||1946||6-3-2||33.1875"||A sharp|
|5||William Oldfield||1638||8-0-22||37"||G sharp|
|6||John Taylor of Loughborough||1946||13-1-10||41.6875"||F sharp|
Frame and Fittings
Hung in a cast-iron frame with modern fittings by Taylors of Loughborough in 1946.
KIPPAX (St. Mary). Three bells.
1. FILI DEI MISERE MEI 1638
SOLI DEO GLORIA 1638
SOLI DEO GLORIA 1636
List of sources/date of visit