harrogate West Park URC SE 302551
Return to Other Churches
Built by Lockwood & Mawson in 1862.
A single bell hung for full circle ringing in the 130' south west tower. This bell was originally cast for the predecessor of Christ Church Harrogate. When the new church was built in 1831 the non-conformists bought the furnishings from the old chapel which included the bell. They hung this in their chapel and transferred it to the new building in 1862.
|1||Thomas Mears of London||1812||3cwt||24"||G|
IB: THOS EMMATT CHAPEL WARDEN 1812 THOS MEARS OF LONDON FECIT
Frame and Fittings
Hung in a wooden frame with tall vertical uprights and various diagonal bracings. The bell hangs by its six canons from a wooden headstock with plain bearings and a traditional stay and slider. It has a full wheel to an unusual one piece design which has no lower spokes and no diagonal upper spokes.
ARA visited August 2003