HARROGATE St Luke (Redundant) SE 303561
Return to Other Churches
This large church with tall tower and spire was built c.1895. It was made redundant in 1980 and subsequently sold in 1983 and is now converted into flats.
A single bell was cast by Taylors of Loughborough in 1902 for St Luke's Harrogate. It was removed from the church at the time of its closure and now hangs in a private house in the parish of Hampton Lucy in Warwickshire.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1902||14-3-21||43.5"||F#|
IB: JOHN TAYLOR & CO. * FOUNDERS * LOUGHBOROUGH * LEICESTERSHIRE * 1902 * / [border of arcading]
Frame and Fittings
The bell hangs in its original frame and fittings except for the wheel and pulley (still in possession of the salvage contractor). It has a cast-iron headstock, plain bearings, clapper and Hastings stay - all contemporary with the bell and by Taylors of Loughborough.
ARA visited August 2003
Chris Pickford November 2004 - discovered the bell in Warwickshire!