gipton The Epiphany SE 335353
Return to Allerton Deanery
Built in 1938 by N F Cachemaille-Day, it is held to be a work of great originality and is thus grade 1 listed.
There is a single bell hung for swing chiming in the roof space behind the western gable. Clearly the bell predates the church and may have been transferred from another Leeds church.
|1||C & G Mears||1854||1.5cwt||19.125"||B|
C & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1854
Frame and Fittings
Wooden headstock with iron lever and plain bearings. Internal wrought iron clapper. The bell hangs between two parallel timbers which span the roof space.
ARA October 2011