forcett  St Cuthbert  NZ 175123

Back to Richmond Deanery

History

Medieval church with some Norman work.  West tower.

Bells

Three bells hung for full-circle ringing.

Bell Founder Date Cwt-Qtr-Lb Diameter Note
1 J Warner 1857 2cwt 21.4375" A
2 J Warner 1857 2cwt 22" G#
3 J Warner 1857 3cwt 23.9375" F#

Inscriptions

Treble:    J WARNER & SONS LONDON 1857
                            [Royal crest on waist]
                                    PATENT

2nd:        J WARNER & SONS LONDON 1857
                            [Royal crest on waist]
                                    PATENT

Tenor:    CAST BY J WARNER & SONS LONDON 1857.
                                    [Royal crest on waist]
                                            PATENT

Frame and Fittings

Tall wooden frame.  Traditional wooden fittings with restored pulleys and wheels.  An unusual chiming machine is disused and remains in the first floor ringing room.

Clock

Modern electric clock.  Synchronous motor and direct driven striking unit by Potts of Leeds 1972. One large dial on east of tower.

Sources

ARA 2006

RWMC 1989