Crakehall St Gregory SE 244899
Return to Wensley Deanery
Built in 1840 by John Harper.
A chime of six bells hung in a tall double bell-cote.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1940||0-1-11||11.5"||G|
|2||John Taylor of Loughborough||1940||0-1-19||12.5"||F|
|3||John Taylor of Loughborough||1940||0-2-10||14"||E flat|
|4||John Taylor of Loughborough||1940||0-2-26||15"||D|
|5||John Taylor of Loughborough||1940||1-0-3||17"||C|
|6||John Taylor of Loughborough||1911||1-2-3||19"||B flat|
Frame and Fittings
The bells hang in two sets of three in the double bell-cote. They are played from an Ellacombe rack on the gallery at the west end of the church. Some remedial restoration work was carried out for the millennium.
ARA November 2003