collingham St Oswald  SE 390461

Return to Harrogate Deanery

History  

An ancient church with evidence of Saxon masonry in the nave and chancel.  Perpendicular west tower

Bells  

A peal of eight for full-circle ringing replacing a previous set of three bells.

Bell Founder Date Cwt-Qtr-Lb Diameter Note
1 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 2-0-20 20.125" B flat
2 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 2-1-4 21" A
3 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 2-1-17 22" G
4 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 2-3-13 24" F
5 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 3-2-10 26.125" E flat
6 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 3-3-5 27.125" D
7 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 5-0-26 30.125" C
8 John Taylor of Loughborough 1907 7-2-10 34" B flat

Inscriptions

List of

Frame and Fittings

Hung in a cast-iron H frame with modern fittings dating from the 1907 recast. The bells are also fitted with an Ellacombe chime.

Clock

A three train clock is mounted high up in the ringing chamber.

Poppleton

COLLINGHAM (St. Oswald). Three bells.

1.    GLORIA IN ALTISSIMIS DEO 1731

2.    GLORIA IN ALTISSIMIS DEO 1679

       SS Ebor   RD RS CHVRCHWARDENS

3.    SOLI DEO GLORIA PAX HOMINIBVS INET 1650 WC HB

Sources

Yorkshire The West Riding - Nikolas Pevsner and Enid Ratcliffe [2nd edition]