brignall St Mary NZ 072123
Back to Richmond Deanery
Built in 1833-34 by R Dawson. West tower. The old ruined church is about half a mile away by the river Greta.
A single bell hung for swing chiming. It predates the present building by many years and used to hang in the open bell-cote of the previous church.
|1||J de Kirkham||13??||15.75"|
AVE MARIA GRATIA PLENA
Frame and Fittings
The bell hangs from a wooden headstock between a pair of parallel beams and is fitted with a chiming lever. The headstock was replaced and the bell overhauled by David Town of Northallerton since the photographs were taken.