birkby  St Peter  NZ 332023

Back to Richmond Deanery

History

A brick church built in 1776 with a twin bell-cote at the west end which was rebuilt in 2009.

Bells

Two bells hung for swing chiming.  The bells were restored by Taylors of Loughborough in 2009.

Bell Founder Date Cwt-Qtr-Lb Diameter Note
1 John Hoton of York (?) 1454-76 2.2.7 21.5" A flat (-37cents)
2 John Hoton of York (?) 1454-76 2.2.13 23" G (-23 cents)

Inscriptions

1:    Sancta Elena Orapronobis

2:    Sancte petre ora pro nobis

Frame and Fittings

Hung from wooden headstocks with chiming levers in a double bell-cote.

Sources

ARA 2009