barningham St Michael and All Angels NZ 085105
Back to Richmond Deanery
Built in 1816 but completely remodelled in 1891 by Pritchett. The bells belonged to an earlier church.
Two bells hung for swing chiming in the western tower.
|1||Unidentified||1690||23.625"||F (possibly cracked)|
Treble: IONATHAN LOWE RECTOR T APELBY R PAKE 1690 (lettering pictured below right)
Tenor: [blank] (pictured below left)
Frame and Fittings
Hung from wooden headstocks with wooden chiming levers and ball shaped clappers. The frame is an unusual design, only just tall enough to allow the bells to be swung. It is made from a mixture of timbers - some reused.
ARA February 2010