Aysgarth St Andrew SE 012885
Return to Wensley Deanery
Only the lower part of the tower is medieval. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1866 by Green of Portsmouth.
Six bells hung for full circle ringing. Predating the rebuilding of the tower this retuned peal of six demonstrates how the early 19th century bells from the Whitechapel bell foundry can be of good tone.
|1||Thomas Mears II||1829||4-3-27||29.8125||D sharp|
|2||Thomas Mears II||1829||5-2-22||30.8125||C sharp|
|3||Thomas Mears II||1829||6-1-16||33.3125||B|
|4||Thomas Mears II||1829||6-3-8||A sharp|
|5||Thomas Mears II||1829||8-2-24||38.25||G sharp|
|6||Thomas Mears II||1829||11-3-10||42.6875||F sharp|
Frame and Fittings
A cast-iron H frame with modern fittings and plain bearings by Gillett and Johnston of Croydon 1913. The sliders are metal "jockeys" on a curved metal bar.
A three train clock chimes Cambridge quarters on bells 1, 2, 3 and 6.
ARA November 2003 and May 2006