Askrigg St Oswald SD 948911
Return to Wensley Deanery
Large late Perpendicular church with possible reuse of earlier elements. West tower with unusual ribbed and vaulted ceiling.
Six bells hung for full circle ringing.
|1||John Warner||1897||28.25||E sharp|
|2||John Warner||1897||30.25||D sharp|
|3||John Warner||1897||32.3125||C sharp|
|4||John Warner||1897||34.1875||B sharp|
|5||John Warner||1897||36||A sharp|
|6||John Warner||1897||10-1-25||39.0625||G sharp|
Frame and Fittings
The bells were rehung from new fittings in a new metal frame in 1992 by Eayre and Smith. One of the old clappers now graces the local pub.
ARA November 2003