arthington St Peter SE 276447
Return to Harrogate Deanery
Built in 1864 by Sir G. G. Scott. North-west tower with spire.
One bell hung for full circle ringing.
|1||G Mears||1864||c5cwt||29"||E flat|
G MEARS & CO. FOUNDERS, LONDON. 1864
Frame and Fittings
Hung in a wooden frame for full-circle ringing with wooden headstock, stay slider etc. The wheel has lost most of its shrouding and the bell is only swing-chimed. A clock hammer strikes the outside of the bell.
A two-train clock by Potts of Leeds, 1910, which drives a single dial on the north side of the tower.
Yorkshire The West Riding - Nikolas Pevsner and Enid Ratcliffe [2nd edition]
ARA visit February 2003