ARMLEY HALL Holy Trinity
Oak Road, New Wortley, LEEDS
Return to Lost Churches
The Incorporated Church Building Society approved grants in 1870-72 for the building of a new church in the Parish of St John the Baptist, New Wortley by Adams and Kelly. Further grants were awarded in 1904-05 for repairs and reseating.
Dove gives eight tubular bells in his first edition (1950) but no reference is made to this church in future editions. The above plan shows a tower at the (liturgical) north-west measuring approximately 10' by 8' internally.
A Bellringer's Guide to the Church Bells of Britain - R H Dove