Leeds All Souls SE 299347
Return to Headingley Deanery
Designed by George Gilbert Scott but executed by J Oldrid Scott in 1876-80. The tower may be later and appears to have been designed with bells in mind - a substantial structure with corbels set into the walls for the bellframe.
A single bell hung for swing chiming. Originally hung in a turret towards the east end it now hangs in the NW tower.
|1||John Taylor of Loughborough||1879||2.3.21||23.375"||G|
Frame and Fittings
Cast iron A sides by Taylor of Loughborough (presumably 1879) mounted on a galvanised steel grillage which appears to be a recent replacement of what must have been a wooden substructure. Wooden headstock with ball bearings and a steel chiming lever. Wrought iron clapper.
List of sources/date of visit