Leeds, richmond hill All Saints  SE 316335

Back to Deanery of Allerton

History

"The church, standing in the York road, was erected in 1849-50 at a cost, including parsonage, of 4,400, and consecrated November, 1, 1850, is a building of stone in the Geometric style, from the designs of Messrs. MALLINSON and HEALEY, architects, of Bradford, consisting of chancel, nave, and aisles of equal length, small transepts thrown out from the aisles, vestry, and a tower with lofty broach spire, relieved by two tiers of spire lights, and containing 1 bell."

This church was demolished in 1980 and replaced by a new smaller church by architect Peter Hill.

Bells

There are no bells at the new church.

Sources

www.leodis.net (C) Picture of Church

www.leedsindexers.co.uk

www.churchplansonline.org